- Please arrive 15 minutes early to your first class or session to sign a registration and release forms and get situated. The registration for can also be downloaded on our website and filled out ahead of time at your convenience. Wear comfortable clothing that allow free movement and are fitted so they will not get caught in the Pilates apparatus. Fitted clothing will also allow your instructor to see you body as you move to provide you with the best instruction and feedback possible. Please avoid wearing clothing with zippers as these will damage our equipment.
- Please book all group mat and group apparatus through our online MindBody Portal. Appointments for private sessions can be made through the MindBody online portal or by calling our studio (860) 470-MOVE. Preregistration is required for private sessions and recommended for group apparatus sessions due to the limited number of spaces. If space is available in a class, walk ins are always welcome. If you chose to walk-in, please arrive a few minutes early to register.
- Please wear yoga/Pilates style pants for your workout. Pilates is generally done without shoes and socks are optional. We find that many clients like to use nonslip or "grip" socks during Pilates workouts, and these are available for purchase in our studio for your convenience. Please avoid wearing clothing with zippers as these will damage the upholstery on our equipment.
- Avoid baggy clothing that might obscure your instructor's view of how you move or otherwise get caught in Pilates apparatus
- Be sure your shirt isn’t so long that you might sit on the tail of it
- Shorts are appropriate length for when your legs to be in the air (for modesty's sake)
- Most fitness classes are done in bare or socked feet (grip socks are available for purchase). The exception are dance fitness classes which may have specialty footwear. Please check the individual class descriptions if you are taking a dance fitness class.
- Please avoid wearing clothing with zippers as they damage our equipment
- Tie back long, loose hair
- We cannot refund transactions for classes and services but we welcome converting the balance in your account to any service, class, or product that Soma Movement Studio or Farmington Valley Physical Therapy offers including gift cards. We can also transfer the balance in your account to another person. For special circumstances, such as injury or pregnancy, packages can be frozen for a few months or converted as described before. Retail items can be returned in unopened, unused condition within 14 days of purchase when accompanied by a receipt.
Private sessions and reservations in Group Apparatus Classes have a 24 hour cancellation policy. Group Mat classes can be cancelled up to four hours in advance of the class. Cancellations can be made on our MindBody Portal 24 hours a day, or by calling our studio at (860) 470-MOVE during business hours. Late cancellations or no shows will be charged the full session or class rate. Clients with unlimited class memberships, who reserve a spot in a class and then no show will be charged $15 cancellation fee.
In the case of contagious illness and severe weather, this cancellation policy is waived. Please contact our studio should you need help with a late cancellation. To check for severe weather cancellations, call our studio at (860) 470-MOVE or check our MindBody portal.
- All packages of sessions and classes purchased through Soma Movement Studio expire in one year. Groupon or other promotional packages have their own expiration policies; please check the details of the promotion for expiration dates.
- We accept all major credit and debit cards on our online MindBody Portal. We accept all major credit cards, check, and cash in the studio. Payment for sessions and classes is expected the day you come. Clients with negative balances will not be able to take classes until the balance is settled.
- We ask that you silence cell phones when you come to our studio as they can be distracting to others, especially when working with apparatus. Should there be extenuating circumstances and you must take a call during a session, please notify your instructor ahead of time, set your phone to vibrate, and step out of the studio or step into the waiting area to take the call.
- If group classes are cancelled due to severe weather, we will record a message on our voicemail as soon as possible. Additionally, we will update the MindBody portal of class cancellations. Private sessions are cancelled on an individual basis between client and instructor.
SOMA Movement Studio is committed to protecting your privacy and developing technology that gives you the most powerful and safe online experience.
Collection of Information
We collect personally identifiable information, like names, postal addresses, email addresses, etc., when voluntarily submitted by our visitors. The information you provide is only used to fulfill your specific request, unless you give us permission to use it in another manner, for example to add you to one of our mailing lists.
Distribution of Information
We may share information with governmental agencies or other companies assisting us in fraud prevention or investigation. We may do so when:
- (1) permitted or required by law; or,
(2) trying to protect against or prevent actual or potential fraud or unauthorized transactions; or,
(3) investigating fraud which has already taken place. The information is not provided to these companies for marketing purposes.
Commitment to Data Security
Your personally identifiable information is kept secure. Only authorized employees, agents and contractors (who have agreed to keep information secure and confidential) have access to this information. All emails and newsletters from this site allow you to opt out of further mailings.
- The minimum age requirement is 13 years old. Clients between the ages of 13-15 must be accompanied by an adult at all sessions. Clients between the ages of 16-17 must be accompanied by an adult to their first session only. All clients under the age of 18 must have a waiver signed by their guardian.